Sunday 19 October 2014

Square One

I can't count how many times I've written a first blog post on a new blog with the prospect of "being inspired" or "surrounding myself with positive things." You see, blogging is a cycle for me: I get inspired, I make a blog, I keep the blog until I change my aesthetic preferences, the feeling of being obligated to post something begins to swell, I make a new blog, repeat. I started blogging when I was 13. I discovered Tumblr through a 'friend' (someone I thought was cool so I sent her a friend request to stalk her photos, what a creep I know) on Friendster (oh, the HTML and picnik and image mapping phase of my life, good times). Friendster was my first social media and I loved it. Even then, visual aspects matter to me so I taught myself a bit of HTML. I remember spending my whole weekend designing theme templates and reading forums at HideCodesGalore (I'm not too sure if it was called this). I spent a month looking for free online photo editing softwares (when I found picnik, my life changed, like how my hair color did every time I edited my photos). I'm currently cringing as I recall searching up love quotes ("Dear heart, I fell for a boy, so good luck" wtf) and pasting them on my zoomed-in photos. There was also this graphic website I used to frequent on to search for images I would put as a signature for my comments. Friendster was my life then. Honestly, I never understood why everyone migrated to Facebook (although I did too (okay, I liked Farmville)). When I discovered Tumblr, I had a whole new perspective on life. I'm not exaggerating. My first blog was full of photos I edited using PhotoScape and some drawings with really cheesy quotes. It was mostly me experimenting on things and trying to establish individualism. It was like a diary but I let people read it. It was a totally different thing for me being a private person. I deactivated my first blog when I thought I graduated from being a rookie to this whole blogging thing. I made another blog then I deactivated again when I felt 'better' and 'more experienced'. It was, still is, a never-ending process. So here I am again. I'm not even gonna end this with 'hopefully, tomorrow I will be inspired as well and not delete this blog.' 

I'm gonna end it with a question: should I stay up to watch Broadchurch? 

No comments:

Post a Comment